As traveling healthcare workers, we all have well meaning family members and friends who want to gift us something during the holiday season. If you’re like us, you have received your fair share of mugs, t-shirts, and badge reels with the cliche reminders that, “Nurses Call the Shots”, or that we enjoy “Coffee, Scrubs and Rubber Gloves”. Finding essential gifts for the essential healthcare worker can be a difficult task but Lumify is here to help!
Here are eleven items that are sure to make a nurse’s shift MERRY and BRIGHT:
1. uNight Light: a wearable LED light, designed by nurses for front line healthcare pros working in the clinical setting. Keeping you safe, your patients asleep, and your shifts a bit brighter. If you’d like to gift a uNight Light to help brighten someone's shift, head over to www.lumifycare.com and use the code “medventure” to get 15% off!
2. Subscription to Hello Fresh: Meals sent your way with minimal prep work and little fuss. After a string of shifts no one wants to think about the grocery store or “what’s for dinner”.
3. New shoes!!! We are on our feet for hours during a shift and great shoes are a MUST. A new pair of shoes for work is a great way to treat your feet! (Clove, Snibbs, Klogs, Gales)
4. Custom & Personalized scrub hat: Choose your print & choose your style. We love a fun and functional way to personalize our look. (TaylorMade Scrub Hats, Kim Kaps)
5. Eko stethoscope: AI-powered stethoscopes to help make your assessments more efficient by allowing you to hear faster and more clearly. We Lub-Dub these stethoscopes so much.
6. RekMed (nurse/student nurse planner): Staying organized as a nursing student or nurse is no easy task! These daily planners integrate easy to learn content, references, and tools to help you keep all together in a colorful and interactive way!
7. Owala Water Bottles: When you order you get to choose HOW you want to drink your drink; straw, flip, twist! Plus, it keeps your drink cold for your whole shift, love that!
8. PREMIUM scrub sets: Hands down NO comparison! When your scrubs look good and make you feel great it pours positivity and confidence into the rest of your shift. (Jaanuu, Medelita, Dolan, Figs, Cherokee, Fit Scrubs, Medicine Mountain Scrubs).
9. Compression socks: Our shifts are long and can be hard on our feet and bodies. Compression socks help to maintain blow flow, reduce discomfort and swelling. Check out Up at Dawn & TX Socks!
10. Custom badge reels: The perfect badge reel can capture our personality, be a reflection of who we are, add a smile to a stressful situation, be a distraction for a nervous patient, a conversation starter, or a small way to celebrate holidays! Our friends at The Badge Bar & Scrub Pocket have the perfect match for everyone.
11. Vcoterie- where art meets science, meets fashion. At Vcoterie, you can find medical related pins, charms, necklaces, bracelets and more! This nurse-owned company provides you with the perfect gift for any traveling healthcare professional.
The best news is that you can access all of these amazing items in ONE place, the Lumify Hub. In addition to being able to find all these great brands, the Lumify Hub also provides mental health resources, credentialing management platforms, amazing resources for travel nurses like MedVenture, access to communities built to support you, transparent reviews, and exclusive discounts.
We understand how challenging working in healthcare has been these few years. Despite the heaviness of our profession we hope that you are able to celebrate with those you love this holiday season and welcome the light of a new year!
Written by: Jennifferre Mancillas, BSN, RN & Anthony Scarpone-Lambert, BSN, RN Co- Founders of LumifyCare
12/6/2021 08:00:04 pm
I blog frequently and I seriously want to thank you for the detailed information. This article has piqued my interest. I’m going to take a note of your site and keep checking for new information about once per week.
4/19/2022 01:12:51 am
What an exquisite article! Your post is very helpful right now. Thank you for sharing this informative one.
8/4/2022 03:57:49 am
You can't go wrong with additional hand sanitizer when looking for a general gift that most healthcare professionals will value and undoubtedly use. It is reasonably priced, and no matter where any nurse or clinician you know lives, you can quickly get anything you want online and deliver it to them gift-wrapped. No matter what precise work a person has, including nurses, therapists, physicians, and technicians, the likelihood that they will spend the whole day on their feet is high. A new pair of shoes is often appreciated as they wear out far too soon. And that applies twice if you decide to donate twice as much while splurging on genuine quality and comfort.
11/23/2022 08:25:31 pm
The holiday season is just around the corner, and that means the time has come to buy the healthcare professional in your life a gift they will cherish this Christmas (and beyond). Your best bet? Get them something that helps them in their journey as a healthcare professional. Still not sure what gifts to give this holiday season? We've got you covered! Here's a list of essential (and not so essential) gifts for the essential healthcare professional.
Leave a Reply.